Keratin is a revolutionary hair healing technology that creates an intense shine by reducing hair frizz by more than 95%.
This ultra-smoothing treatment infuses the specialised Keratin product deep into the hair cuticle – eradicating frizz and leaving hair silky soft to the touch. The restored hair creates a dazzling shine and the straightening properties of this treatment leave your hair with natural bounce – leaving it maintenance free for four to six months.
It creates an incredible softness for curls that leaves them shining, fresh and bouncy with no more frizz or dullness. Men also enjoy this treatment as it promotes youth enhancing features such as silky soft and naturally glossy hair – not to mention the time it saves them during their daily routine.
The benefits of Keratin
• Heals and repairs even the most damaged hair
• Minimizes maintenance for up to five months
• Moisturizes from within and protects hair from becoming damaged
• Eliminates all signs of frizz
• Reduces unwanted hair volume
• Makes hair immediately shiny
• It straightens hair by 60 – 70 % (excluding Afro-Caribbean hair).
Our Keratin Treatments: At Trend Setters, we offer various kinds of Keratin Hair Treatments:
THE BRAZILIAN BLOWOUT KERATIN TREATMENT.
Great for retaining your natural volume. It adds intense shine and removes all frizz
THE WORLDS PREMIUM GK KERATIN TREATMENT
Great for reducing volume. It adds intense shine and removes all frizz. It also soothes over curls.
MACPAUL KERATIN SMOOTHENING TREATMENT:
A luxurious organic, chemical and formaldehyde free treatment from Brazil
GK PROTEIN/ SMOOTHENING TREATMENT
A deluxe organic and formaldehyde free treatment to banish frizzy hair
• Hair is washed with a clarifying shampoo and blow dried
• Keratin is applied section by section to the hair and then combed through.
• After a few minutes, your hair is blow dried and then straightened.
- The Brazilian Blowout Keratin treatment
- After a couple of hours wait, we will rinse the treatment and the blow-dry your hair into an incredible style.
The Worlds Premium GK Keratin Treatment
• Depart and don’t touch your hair for 48 hours (no washing, touching, hair bands, putting it behind the ears).
• After 48 hours, wash and style as usual. We recommend a sodium chloride and sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner and offer these products in our boutique.
• Alternatively, come back to Trendsetters and we’ll take care of it all.
Long Lasting Results
The results should last between four and six months and the better you care for it, the longer it lasts:
• Avoid washing hair or using bands, clips and accessories for 42 hours after treatment
• Use sodium chloride and sulphate-free shampoos, conditioners and other specialised hair products as recommended by our hair experts
• Use the Keratin branded products specially designed to sustain the effects. We sell
Is it safe?
It’s much better to seek formaldehyde-free treatments. They are not as brilliantly effective and long-lasting as the formaldehyde formulas, but they are much safer.
I colored my hair. Can I still get a keratin treatment?
Yes! Unlike chemical-straightening relaxers, you can safely have both dyed hair and a keratin treatment without the risk of damage. We recommend our clients to use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner for maintenance. We also recommend they shampoo their hair once or twice a week, only when necessary. When you shower, rinse your hair with water without shampooing and then apply conditioner only. Do not use salt-based sprays for beachy, textured hair.”
Who should avoid it?
Keratin treatments are not recommended for women who are pregnant.
Can I style my hair, wear a ponytail or tie the hair up after the first wash?
After the first wash, you can style your hair however you like.
Why do I have to wait to wash my hair?
We recommend that you wait because it takes 48 hours for the Juvexin to form a stronger bond to the hair cortex. If hair is washed prior, the Juvexin may wash out and the results of the application will not be as long lasting.
What if something happens during the first 48-hours?
If your hair gets creased or wet, blow dry and then straighten with hair irons immediately.
How long does the treatment last?
The keratin treatment is non-permanent and will last between 3-5 months depending on the hair type and maintenance. The system works better on chemically treated hair.
Can I go into the ocean or the pool after receiving the treatment?
It is important that you do not wet your hair in any way for 48 hours after treatment and before the first wash.
After that, you can live life naturally. We recommend that you use a Global Keratin Leave-In Conditioner before submerging into oceans and swimming pools and shampooing out afterwards.
What shampoo and conditioners do I use after the Keratin treatment?
To maintain the results and make the treatment last longer, we recommend that you use the Global Keratin shampoos and conditioners.
Can I use styling products?
After 48-hours and the first wash you can use styling products. We recommend use of the Global Keratin product line, designed to provide long-lasting results after treatment.